Our contact details
Name: Educare Consultant Ltd
Address: Room M2 Clifton Trade Centre, 4-6 Greatorex Street, London, England, E1 5NF
The type of personal information we collect
Under the GDPR we are only permitted to collect the minimum amount of information needed to carry out a specific purpose. We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
1: Information that helps identifies you:
- Your name and date of birth;
- Contact information (address, email, phone numbers);
- National Insurance Number (or other Tax Identification number);
- Passport Number (or National Identity Card details);
- Other necessary documentation to satisfy immigration/Home Office requirements;
- Country of domicile and nationality;
- Contact details for a relative which you have provided for us to send information to;
2: Information relating to your education and employment history:
- The school(s), sixth form(s)/college(s) and other Universities you’ve attended;
- Dates of study and examination results;
- Places of work and vocational qualifications achieved;
- Career history and aspirations.
3: Information about your family or personal circumstances plus both academic and extracurricular interests, where this is relevant to the assessment of your suitability to receive a bursary or in order to provide you with appropriate pastoral care
4: Special category data, including:
- Information concerning your health and medical conditions;
- Information about your racial or ethnic origin, religion or political beliefs and sexual orientation;
- Certain criminal convictions;
- Any access or disability requirements you or a guest attending an open day, visit day, social event or campus tour may have
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- When you request information such as a prospectus;
- When you book onto an open day, visit day, social event or campus tour;
- When you engage with us on Social Media;
- When you apply to study at the any of our partner university and complete an application form;
- When you register with us as a student;
- When you pay fees or charges to the any of our partner University (i.e. tuition fees or library charges);
- When the University pays you a form of financial support such as grants or bursaries or makes refunds such as tuition fee refunds;
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From third party sources (for example, UCAS, other institutions involved in the delivery of joint programmes, government departments such as the Home Office or the Student Loans Company). Where we obtain personal data from third party sources, we will look to ensure that the third party has lawful authority to provide us with your personal data;
- When you communicate with us, via phone, web chat, email, physical enquiry point or via the website, for example to make enquiries or raise concerns;
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information that you have given us in order to Admissions application processing;
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting –Educare Consultant Ltd, Room M2 Clifton Trade Centre, 4-6 Greatorex Street, London, England, E1 5NF OR firstname.lastname@example.org
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored Office Pc and Cloud Drive.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data For?
Data is retained for as long as it is required to perform its purpose or for as long as is required by law (see the link below). At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
How to complain
- If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us Educare Consultant Ltd, Room M2 Clifton Trade Centre, 4-6 Greatorex Street, London, England, E1 5NF OR email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
From time to time we may make changes to this statement because the way in which we are processing your personal information may need to change. All alterations will be posted on this page and will apply from the time we post them. Where we have a valid email address for you we will periodically email you to inform you of any substantial changes and/or to send you a link to our current privacy statement.
This statement was last updated on 07 March 2021